Craft with the Crew
Every Saturday, Weta Workshop gives you the chance to experience life as a ‘Weta’ for the day! Join our crew to explore our dedicated group tour space, then make movie magic with our hands-on workshops. Try crafting chainmaille or mixing fake movie blood. Suitable for all ages. Book now!
- 45-minute guided tour inside our dedicated off-premises group tour space.
- Learn how props, weapons, and armour are designed and manufactured for The Lord of the Rings, King Kong, The Chronicles of Narnia and more.
- Choose an interactive workshop:
- Weta Chainmaille Workshop – Learn how to make unique Weta Chainmaille as seen in The Lord of the Rings and The Chronicles of Narnia.
- Art of Fake Blood Workshop – Roll up your sleeves in our kitchen of horror as you create convincing fake movie blood!
- Receive a small gift from Weta Workshop to take home.
Children 6 – 12 Years: $45
Available every Saturday, from 4 - 5.30pm. Starts 5 May.
WHERE TO GO
Craft with the Crew takes place at our off-site group tour space located on Park Road - just a five-minute walk from the Weta Cave. Please arrive 10 minutes before the experience starts.
- Our tours frequently sell out, particularly during peak season (Oct-April). We strongly recommend booking online in advance.
- Photography is strictly prohibited in our tour spaces.
- On-street parking is free, but can get busy. Please allow ample time to find a park.
For our terms and conditions, please see here.
For all Tourism wholesale and trade booking enquiries, please email email@example.com.
Enjoy the incredible creativity on offer at Weta Studio Tours with The Full Experience - Guided Transfers – our two most popular tours with return transfers included! Guided from start to finish, you’ll get an incredible insight into Weta Workshop’s creativity for film & television.Read more >