Exclusive and immersive: Our VIP tours are your chance to get up close and personal with the creativity behind your favourite films.
With the undivided attention of your Weta Workshop tour guide, learn first-hand stories of filmmaking on the Miramar Peninsula!
- Private Weta Cave Workshop Tour – Take your time exploring the props and models that bring films like The Hobbit and Avatar to life.
- Private Miniatures Stage Tour – Let your imagination soar with a tour through the authentic shooting stage of the popular TV show, Thunderbirds Are Go!
- Explore areas under wraps to the public – Step inside the Weta Workshop boardroom.
- Get up close to the five Oscars® and many other awards won by Richard Taylor and the Weta Workshop crew.
1 to 4 guests | $1500 per group | 2.5 hours
From intimate groups to one-on-one encounters, we'll work with you to craft a bespoke experience that cannot be replicated!
Here are just some examples of what we offer:
- Private Weta Workshop Experience at our dedicated off-premises group tour space.
- Access to areas not usually available to the public – Step inside the Weta Workshop boardroom.
- Hands-on demonstration from an experienced Weta Workshop technician.
- Two-course meal at CoCo at the Roxy, dining among spectacular Weta Workshop artwork.
Price on request. Private experiences start from $1500 per group.
Start times are available on request, 7 days a week, between 9am and 4.30pm. Guided transport is available on request, at an additional cost. VIP tours are also available with a Mandarin speaking guide. Private experiences start from $1500 per group.
To request a booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +64 (0)4 909 4035 at least three days prior to desired departure date. We will happily arrange your unique itinerary.