The Weta Cave
The famous Weta Cave Shop is the hub of Weta Studio Tours in Miramar, Wellington [map].
At the Weta Cave you can snap a selfie with our life-sized sculptures, wander through our mini museum, and watch our exclusive documentary – it’s a movie lover’s paradise.
Best of all, entry is FREE.
THE WETA CAVE
- Pick up incredible artefacts from the world of film – The Weta Cave boasts a range of high-end sculptures, prop replicas, art prints and apparel designed by Weta artists.
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes documentary – Screening every 30 minutes.
- Mini museum – A showcase of props and artefacts from the films we’ve worked on.
- Unique photo opportunities – Photography is permitted throughout the Weta Cave.
- The Weta Cave is open 7 days a week from 9AM - 5.30PM. Closed Christmas Day.
- Entry to the shop & documentary screening is FREE.
- Please note that there is no luggage storage at the Weta Cave or our tour spaces.
- There is free on-street parking, however we recommend leaving ample time to find a park.
YOUR TOUR STARTS AND FINISHES HERE
Weta Studio Tours is proud to hold a Silver Award from Be Accessible. Click here for more information on the accessibility of the Weta Cave.
Looking for a creative gift? Weta Studio Tours vouchers can be redeemed on our filmmaking tours or retail purchases at the Weta Cave. Purchase in store or contact email@example.com to nominate your card value ($NZD).