THERE AND BACK AGAIN: THE FULL EXPERIENCE
Enjoy the incredible creativity on offer at Weta Studio Tours with The Full Experience - Guided Transfers – our two most popular tours with return transfers included! Guided from start to finish, you’ll get an incredible insight into Weta Workshop’s creativity for film & television.
Book here now.
YOUR TOUR INCLUDES
- Guided return transfers – Journey from central Wellington to Weta Studio Tours in a dedicated shuttle. Your friendly driver will point out iconic landmarks along the way!
- The famous Weta Cave shop – Home to an incredible range of Weta-designed collectibles and movie merchandise. While you're here snap photos with our life-sized sculptures and check out the mini museum.
- Priority seating to documentary – Take a seat in the Weta Cave to learn about the history of the Weta Group and hear from our co-founders, Richard Taylor and Peter Jackson.
- 45-minute guided Weta Cave Workshop Tour – Get up close to the props, weapons and costumes crafted for The Lord of the Rings, District 9, The Chronicles of Narnia and more.
- 45-minute guided Miniatures Stage Tour: Thunderbirds Are Go – Check out authentic Weta Workshop miniatures and learn how a TV show is brought to life!
4 hours (approx.) from departure to final drop-off.
WHERE TO GO
Guided transfers for The Full Experience depart 7 days a week from the Wellington i-SITE bus park, opposite the West Plaza Hotel [See Map]. Departures occur at at 9AM, 10.30AM, 12PM and 1.30PM.
Children 6-12 Years: $50 (must be accompanied by adult 14 years or older)
Infants 0-5 Years: Free (please make sure to include your infant when booking)
- Our tours frequently sell out, particularly during peak season (Oct-April). We strongly recommend booking online in advance.
- Photography is strictly prohibited in all tour spaces.
- There is no luggage storage in the Weta Cave or at our tour spaces.
- For groups of 20 people or more, please check out our Events & Group Tours.
- The Miniatures Stage Tour takes place in a functioning workshop, so it can get a little drafty. We recommend bringing an extra warm layer or two, especially in winter.
A short return transfer is included, from the Weta Cave shop to the Miniatures Stage tour space. The transfer portion is not suitable for wheelchairs. If you have special requirements, please contact us at email@example.com.
For our terms and conditions, please see here.
For all Tourism wholesale and trade booking enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.