Weta Studio Tours
Weta Cave Workshop Tour
Join the Weta Workshop crew on our exclusive Weta Cave Workshop Tour: a unique behind-the-scenes look at how Weta Workshop helps craft some of the world’s biggest films! We can’t take you inside the Workshop itself, but you can be sure we’ll get you as close as possible to where imaginary worlds come to life. Book here now.
- 45-minute guided tour inside a converted area of Weta Workshop – Get up close to the props, weapons, armour and vehicles crafted for The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, District 9, King Kong, The Chronicles of Narnia and more!
- Learn secrets behind the movie magic – Your guide, a Weta Workshop crew member, will spill the stories of the creative process
- Peek into the Workshop – Special windows give you a glimpse into areas of Weta Workshop itself
- Watch us work – See creativity in action with artists at work on our tour stage.
Child 6-12 Years: $12 (must be accompanied by adult 14 years or older)
Infants 0-5 Years: Free.
Family (2 adults + 2 children): $65
WHERE TO GO
The Weta Cave Workshop Tour departs every half hour from the Weta Cave shop: corner of Weka Street and Camperdown Road, Miramar, Wellington. Open 7 days a week (closed Christmas Day).
Collect your ticket from the Weta Cave front desk at least 15 minutes before your tour starts.
- Our tours frequently sell out, particularly during peak season (Oct-April). We strongly recommend booking online in advance.
- Photography is strictly prohibited on the Weta Cave Workshop Tour.
- On-street parking is free, but can get busy. Please allow ample time to find a park.
- There is no luggage storage in the Weta Cave or at our tour spaces.
- For groups of 20 people or more, please check out our Events & Group Tours.
For our terms and conditions, please see here.
Weta Studio Tours is proud to hold a Silver Award from Be Accessible. Click here for more information on the accessibility of this tour.
For all Tourism wholesale and trade booking enquiries, please email email@example.com
Enjoy the incredible creativity on offer at Weta Studio Tours with The Full Experience - Guided Transfers – our two most popular tours with return transfers included! Guided from start to finish, you’ll get an incredible insight into Weta Workshop’s creativity for film & television.Read more >