Weta Studio Tours
WETA STUDIO TOURS COMBO
Want to experience the many sides of Weta Workshop’s creativity? The Weta Studio Tours Combo lets you immerse yourself in our two most popular tours. It’s the very best way to journey through the world of Weta Workshop!
Book here now.
THE WETA STUDIO TOURS COMBO INCLUDES:
45-minute guided Weta Cave Workshop Tour
- Step inside a converted area of Weta Workshop, where we house thousands of props and artefacts that we created for the big screen.
- Get up close to props and weapons as you learn how Weta Workshop designs and manufactures practical effects for films like The Lord of the Rings, District 9, and Avatar.
- Your guide, a Weta Workshop crew member, will spill behind-the-scenes secrets from the Workshop floor!
- See artists at work on our tour stage, and peer through windows into the Workshop itself.
45-minute guided Miniatures Stage Tour: Thunderbirds Are Go
- Explore the huge miniatures crafted by Weta Workshop for the popular television show!
- Check out original storyboards and concept art.
- Learn the secrets behind what it takes to bring the world of Thunderbirds Are Go to the small screen.
- Rare photo opportunity in a purpose-built Thunderbirds Are Go set, made by Weta Workshop exclusively for the tour!
Children 6-12 Years: $20
Infants 0-5 Years: Free (please make sure to include your infant when booking)
Family (2 adults + 2 children): $120
2 hours (approx.)
WHERE TO GO
The Weta Studio Tours Combo departs daily from the Weta Cave shop: corner of Weka Street and Camperdown Road, Miramar, Wellington. Open 7 days a week (closed Christmas Day).
Collect your tickets at the Weta Cave ticketing desk at least 15 minutes before your tour starts.
- Our tours frequently sell out, particularly during peak season (Oct-April). We strongly recommend booking online in advance.
- Photography is strictly prohibited in our tour spaces.
- There is no luggage storage in the Weta Cave or at our tour spaces.
- For groups of 20 people or more, please check out our Events & Group Tours.
- The Miniatures Stage Tour takes place in a functioning workshop, so it can get a little drafty. We recommend bringing an extra warm layer or two, especially in winter.
A short return transfer is included, from the Weta Cave shop to the Miniatures Stage tour space. The transfer portion is not suitable for wheelchairs. If you have special requirements, please contact us at email@example.com.
For our terms and conditions, please see here.
For all Tourism wholesale and trade booking enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy the incredible creativity on offer at Weta Studio Tours with The Full Experience - Guided Transfers – our two most popular tours with return transfers included! Guided from start to finish, you’ll get an incredible insight into Weta Workshop’s creativity for film & television.Read more >